Monday, October 15, 2012

Lillie's Little Sweater

When Mia walked in looking for washable worsted weight yarn for a baby sweater, I showed her Plymouth Yarn Encore. She asked if I'd heard of Lillie's Little Sweater, which I hadn't. She swore by the pattern commenting that she'd made it countless times and was the easiest, best baby sweater pattern out there. She immediately fell in love with a dark blue heathered colorway and was on her way to begin her sweater. 

 

A few days later, Mia stopped by and showed me the progress of the sweater, I knew I had to order the pattern for the shop. This pattern really is the best baby sweater out there. Perfect for a beginner to practice all of their new found skills, but simple and quick enough to not be daunting. So simple that a seasoned knitter can whip one up in a few days while vegging out in front of the TV. Best of all, it's knit in one piece!


I chose to make a shop sample out of Manos Maxima in Meltaway Mints. Both are knit in the 6 months size. Mia chose cute sailboat buttons all the way down the front for her sweater which she knit for her nephew Landon. I only worked the first three buttonholes and chose three different color buttons matching the hand-dyed colorway.


Here the two sweaters can be seen having a play date this past Sunday. Stop by to pick up your pattern and yarn. We already have two knitters casting on for their very own Lillie's Little Sweaters!

3 comments: