Thursday, November 15, 2012

Madeline Tosh: Holiday Knit Guide


I recently received a box tightly packed with Madeline Tosh yarns and couldn't help but squeal with glee. As I sit here looking at all of the pretty colors, I have been imagining all of the things I want to knit up from it! All of this pondering has lead me to come up with a Holiday Knit Guide for the yarns.

First up, ToshSock!

I have already knit up a sample of this beautiful beret! The pattern is the Rustling Leaves Beret by Alana Dakos from Coastal Knits. The pattern was extremely easy to understand and I definitely found myself experiencing the "just another round" syndrome as I began to see each leaf take shape. The i-cord topper is just charming. I loved everything about this project!


Damson by Ysolda Teague would be another great knit in this wonderful hand dyed yarn. The simplicity of the shawl would highlight the beauty of the colors wonderfully. One hank would make a shawl, and even better, it would be a great television knit for those hours spent in front of the TV while your other half watches the game.


This wouldn't be a post about sock yarn without mentioning a sock, right? One of my favorite patterns is the Monkey Socks by Cookie A. I have made a few of these socks and they work up very quickly. The pattern repeat is very easy to memorize and of course, they look great in hand dyed yarns!

Next up, Tosh DK.

Elizabeth Zimmerman's February Sweater is a timeless classic. What mother or mother-to-be wouldn't love to receive this beautiful sweater for their baby girl? I can't decide what would be more exciting, choosing a color or choosing buttons! What do you think?


The Honey Cowl by MadelineTosh is a super fun, super easy knit. Designed with this yarn in mind, it offers amazing drape. The honeycomb stitch highlights the yarn perfectly. Better yet, you can choose to make a short of long version using one or two hanks respectively.


Last, but not least is Hannah Fettig's Calligraphy Cardigan. She designed this beautiful cardigan with Tosh DK in mind and boy is it an amazing fit. This is a perfect project for those long trips to see family this holiday season. We knitters tend to forget to indulge ourselves through the frenzy of gift knitting that we have going on.

I hope you enjoyed this little post. Over the next few days, I will be posting a Holiday Knit Guide for each of the lines that we stock in the store.

XO,
Karen

4 comments:

  1. Oh I can see the two skeins of the tosh sock I bought in the first picture! So exciting! I have a pair of gloves in mind for one skein but that pretty hat make one with the other! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice to see you today! I'm glad you love the yarn. Great choices too. Enjoy your trip. Stay safe. See you when you come back. Karen

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this yarn!!!! I can't wait to start my cardigan! Although the Calligraphy Cardigan is making me second guess my original choice for my Tosh DK.

    ReplyDelete